Most of embroidered patches can be bordered with merrow – overlock border or standard hot cut (called also hot knife) border.
Merrow border – overlock
Nice look professional badge edging.
- Larger durability
- Better aesthetics
- Better looks from the side and front of a patch
- Best possible protection against shredding
- Hemming the edge with a decorative lace
- Relatively thicker and wide bordering (width 3mm)
- Higher price of a patch
- Available only for simple shapes (rectangle, triangle, circle and simple shields shapes)
Simple hot cut or hot knife edge
The edge is made using the same embroidery technique, which is used to embroider the design. Then the emblem is cut as close as possible to this edge. It is also finished off thermally (hot cut). It is necessary to straighten out and protect the edge.
- Color of the frame always ideally matches the whole design, it is made of the same thread.
- Better look for smaller patches
- Best solution for complicated shapes.
- Thin bordering available (even 1mm).
- Lover cost than merrow border.
- Could occur impression of not finished patch from the side
In most cases we suggest to use merrow border. You could always ask our staff for advice. We would be happy to reply all your questions.